Welcome to the Obama for America Fall Fellows Application!
The Fall Fellowship program will train and develop the next generation of community organizers and will help the campaign expand its outreach efforts in communities across the country. Organizing is inspiring but difficult work, so only those with a serious interest should apply. Fall fellows who complete the program will leave with a full understanding of the most effective tools and methods that organizers use to make change in their communities. Some fall fellows work for the Obama Campaign directly while others will work for Organizing for America.
The Fall Fellowship is a 12-week organizing program. Fall fellows will help the campaign build neighborhood and campus teams of volunteers. They will:
- Engage new potential volunteers through phone calls and canvassing.
- Hold 1:1 meetings with potential volunteers and campus organizers to discuss shared goals and strategy, develop relationships, and plan events.
- Empower new voters by collecting voter registration forms at community events.
- Enter, organize, and maintain the data from all of our interactions in communities.
- Use social networks to help amplify our message and talk about the work that we do.
- Hold house meetings to bring supporters together in communities and on college campuses to strategize about what the campaign should look like locally.
- Recruit, coach, and develop local and campus teams of individuals who are willing to work together to hold outreach events with other potential volunteers and voters.
- Plan and execute events with other campaign staff and fall fellows.
Candidates for the Fall Fellows program must be:
- Enthusiastic about helping to re-elect President Obama and other Democrats up and down the ticket
- Willing to volunteer long and irregular hours at times, potentially including weekends (these will be pre-determined by you and the staffer with whom you work)
- Interested in people-centered, metrics-driven work
- Personally organized
- Hard working
- Strong communicators
- Committed to collaboration and teamwork
- Willing to commit to 15+ hours a week or 40+ hours a week from early September through December 3rd