OBAMA FOR AMERICA "ELECTION NIGHT WITH BARACK" SWEEPSTAKES
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this online promotion (the "Promotion").
Please note that the Official Rules have changed. The Promotion Period began on September 24, 2012 and now ends on October 31, 2012 (changed from ending on October 29, 2012). The drawing will now take place by November 1, 2012 (changed from October 30, 2012).
By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
- Eligibility. PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES CITIZENS AND LAWFUL PERMANENT U.S. RESIDENTS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND PUERTO RICO, AND OVER THE AGE OF 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). BUSINESSES, CORPORATIONS, REGISTERED FEDERAL LOBBYISTS, REGISTERED FOREIGN AGENTS, FEDERAL POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEES, NATIONAL BANKS, FEDERAL CONTRACTORS, LABOR ORGANIZATIONS OR OTHER ENTITIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE, NOR MAY ANY INDIVIDUAL ENTER ON BEHALF OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUALS OR ENTITIES. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND OBAMA FOR AMERICA ("SPONSOR") RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective affiliated committees, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, consultants, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Disclaimer. Sponsor, and its related committees, candidates, affiliates, directors, officers, consultants, professional advisors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
- Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time on September 24, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (unless otherwise noted, all times Hawaiian Time) on October 31, 2012 (the "Promotion Period"). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize.
- Prizes. Two (2) winners will each receive the following prize package (the "Trip"):
- Round-trip coach-class airplane tickets for winner and a guest from the major airport closest to the winner's address within the fifty United States, Puerto Rico or the District of Columbia to a destination within the continental United States to be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor ("Destination"), including ground transportation to and from the airport at the Destination (approximate retail value $1,200.00);
- One night's stay for winner and a guest at a hotel at the Destination on a date to be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion in a double-occupancy room or room of equivalent value (approximate retail value $200.00);
- Tickets for winner and a guest to an event of Sponsor, on a date and at a venue to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion;
- The opportunity to meet with President Barack Obama at the Destination, for a duration to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion;
Approximate retail value of the each entire Trip package: $1,400.00 (approximate retail value of all prizes awarded $2,800.00)
Sponsor will choose, in its sole discretion, the airline, hotel, flight dates, flight times, departure city and airport and other Trip logistics and details. Dates of travel are subject to availability. If winner's address is within 100 miles of the Destination, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, provide ground transportation to the Trip hotel or event in lieu of an airplane ticket. Except as expressly set forth in the description of the Trip above, each winner and his or her guest are responsible for ground transportation to and from the airports and hotel, all meals and all other expenses that such winner and his or her guest incur in connection with the Trip. Sponsor will also determine, in its sole discretion, the date, location, attendees, and all other relevant details of the Trip.
- Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received and the timing of entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER. All prizes will be awarded. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if (a) the winner affidavit and release materials (see Sections 10 and 11 below) are not returned as required from the potential winner and his or her guest, (b) if two (2) attempts to contact the potential winner by phone and/or e-mail are not successful, (c) the potential winner is not able to travel to any event included as part of the prize on the date Sponsor determines to hold such event, or if (d) any prize is otherwise not claimed. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- How to Enter. Participants may enter as follows:
- Free Online Entry Method: To enter via the free online entry method, visit http https://my.barackobama.com/page/s/election-night-with-barack-alt or other web page specifically identified by Sponsor and complete and submit the online entry form during the Promotion Period.
- Obama for America Contribution Method: We are asking for a donation of up to $2,500 from individuals to Obama for America, designated for the general election. We are not asking for, and will not accept in connection with this solicitation, donations in any amount from registered federal lobbyists, registered foreign agents, federal political action committees, or minors under the age of 16. Contributions in any amount from corporations, labor organizations, national banks, federal contractors, and foreign nationals are prohibited. To enter by contributing money to Sponsor, complete and submit the contribution form at https://contribute.barackobama.com/donation/election-night-with-barack/09/ofa.html or other web page specifically identified by Sponsor during the Promotion Period. No minimum contribution is necessary to enter. Entering via the contribution method described in this paragraph (b) will not increase your chances of winning the prize.
- Obama Victory Fund 2012 Contribution Method: We are asking for a donation of up to $73,300 from individuals to Obama Victory Fund 2012. We are not asking for, and will not accept in connection with this solicitation, donations in any amount from registered federal lobbyists, registered foreign agents, federal political action committees, or minors under the age of 16. Contributions in any amount from corporations, labor organizations, national banks, federal contractors, and foreign nationals are prohibited. To enter by contributing money to Obama Victory Fund 2012, complete and submit the contribution form at https://contribute.barackobama.com/donation/election-night-with-barack/09/ovf.html or other web page specifically identified by Sponsor during the Promotion Period. No minimum contribution is necessary to enter. Entering via the contribution method described in this paragraph (c) will not increase your chances of winning the prize. The first $2,500 from a contributor to Obama Victory Fund 2012 will be allocated to Obama for America, designated for the general election. The next $30,800 from a contributor will be allocated to the Democratic National Committee. Any additional amount(s) from a contributor will be divided among the State Democratic Party Committees as follows, up to $10,000 per committee and subject to the biennial aggregate limits: OH (24%), FL (15%); WI (12%); IA (10%); NV (10%); VA (9%); CO (7%); NC (7%); PA (3%); and NH (3%). A contributor may designate a contribution for a particular participant. This allocation formula may change if following it would result in an excessive contribution. Contributions will be used in connection with a Federal election, may be spent on any activities of the participants as each committee determines in its sole discretion, and will not be earmarked for any particular candidate.
- Sign Up for Quick Donate Entry Method: To enter via the Sign Up for Quick Donate entry method, visit https://contribute.barackobama.com/donation/quick-donate/09/index.html or other web page specifically identified by Sponsor and complete and submit your sign up to Sponsor's Quick Donate program during the Promotion Period. By signing up for Quick Donate, you will agree to save your payment information on BarackObama.com. Once you are logged into your BarackObama.com account with saved payment information, your future donations can be charged instantly to your saved credit card. Learn more about Quick Donate at https://donate.barackobama.com/page/content/quick-donate. Entering via the method described in this paragraph (d) will not increase your chances of winning the prize.
- Promotion Rules.
- all entries received during the Promotion Period via the free online entry method described in Section 7(a) shall be deemed to be worth two (2) entries per each valid online entry;
- all entries received prior to October 31, 2012 via either of the contribution entry methods described in Section 7(b) or Section 7(c) shall constitute one (1) entry per each contribution;
- all entries received on October 31, 2012 via either of the contribution entry methods described in Section 7(b) or Section 7(c) shall be deemed to be worth two (2) entries per each contribution;
- all entries received prior to October 31, 2012 via the Quick Donate sign up entry method described in Section 7(d) shall constitute one (1) entry per each such valid sign up;
- all entries received on October 31, 2012 via the Quick Donate sign up entry method described in Section 7(d) shall be deemed to be worth two (2) entries per each such valid sign up.
- General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- Use of Winner Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use each winner's name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, each winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of his or her name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
- Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, each winner and such winner's guest may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after November 4, 2012 and before November 4, 2013 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: "Election Night with Barack" Winner List. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit https://my.barackobama.com/page/content/election-night-with-barack-rules or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: "Election Night with Barack" Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
- Intellectual Property Notice. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2012 by Obama for America. All rights reserved.
- Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of Illinois, U.S.A. without regard to its or any other jurisdiction's choice of law provisions. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: "Election Night with Barack" Questions.
- Sponsor: Obama for America, 130 E. Randolph St., Chicago, IL 60601.